October 15, 2009


It's Getting Cold Again


As much as I love the warm months I spend in Mexico, there is still something so refreshing about the Fall in Canada. Going outside all bundled up, seeing the trees brilliant colours, getting a cold nose and seeing your breath....maybe it is the Canadian in me, but there is just something about it that makes you feel alive. It is my favorite time of year to walk outside, I would not trade this time of year in Canada for all the sun in Mexico.



Don't get me wrong, as soon as that snow flies and the temperature dips to -30 my enthusiasm wains and I gather my luggage and head down to Mexico....I may be Canadian but I am not crazy!


We are driving down to Mexico once again this year. Leaving on the 26th of December and not returning till late March. We will divide our time between Puerto Morelos and Merida this year, hosting several friends and family and of course assisting neighbours with new furniture purchases. Our drive always produces eventful and humorous stories for which I will be sure and recount to you all in my BLOG.


The economic slow down has certainly hit Mexico. For us, we are still chugging along furnishing homes that were purchased before the slowdown happened. In fact, recently we had to halt orders in order to play catch-up. This week we started to take orders again and it is full steam ahead.


We will be featuring new designs in the coming months as well as new fabrics for 2010. Our rattan line is expanding and...if you can believe it.....coming down in price as well -- WHOO HOOO!


Anyone wanting to get furniture for Christmas needs to place orders now to make the delivery dates. Please email us ASAP if you are looking for this time frame or any time in January. Our suppliers are getting booked so we need at least 10 weeks to complete orders.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Karen
We are heading to Loreto in a few weeks to see our completed Casa. We had received a budget quote from you a few months back but with all the delays etc, we held off making any decisions.

We are thinking of having our furniture for Feb with my husband being there to meet it. When is the cut off for placing this order with you?

Thanks, Barb and Bill Reid

Karen said...

Hi Barb and Bill!

Hope you are doing well! We need about 12 weeks at this point to complete orders....so placing it ASAP is probably the best idea to make a February delivery.

Karen